Intended Use of Customer's Personal infomation
Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd. (Personal Data Handling Business)
Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd. (hereinafter called the "Company") will handle personal data on customers to the extent necessary to operations as well as to fulfill its intended uses as shown below, and will not handle such data beyond this scope. The Company will not use any information on race, belief, family status, legal domicile, healthcare, criminal records or other special nonpublic information for any purposes other than proper management of operations or other purposes considered necessary, nor provide such information to any third party in accordance with the Cabinet Order or other regulation concerning restrictions on activities of securities companies. Similarly, if applicable laws or regulations limit the intended uses of a specific personal data item, the Company shall ensure that the handling of such data item does not extend to uses other than those allowed by said laws or regulations.
Content of Company operations
- Operations that may be performed by securities companies pursuant to applicable laws and regulations, etc., including securities operations (trading of securities, brokerage of securities trading, underwriting of securities, etc.), insurance solicitation operations, and financial futures trading, as well as operations incidental to these operations.
- Other operations that may be performed by the Company pursuant to applicable laws and regulations, etc., and operations incidental to those operations (including those for which handling may be approved in the future).
Intended use at the Company
The Company will use the data for the following purposes in connection with various types of products and services, etc. of the Company and those of Mizuho Financial Group companies (See Note) and the Company's affiliates and partners with whom the Company conducts business.
- Solicitation for purchase of financial products and services, etc. and acceptance of applications for their purchase, including the opening of accounts for securities/ financial products, etc. handled by the Company pursuant to the the Financial Instruments and Exchange Law.
- Personal identification of customers in accordance with laws and regulations, etc. and confirmation of qualifications for the use of financial products or services, etc.
- Management of continued transactions, including due date management in securities/ financial product transactions.
- Decision-making regarding applications for the trading of securities/ financial products, etc. and continued transactions.
- Determination of the appropriateness of providing financial products or services, including such determination in the light of the suitability rule, etc.
- Provision to a third party within to the extent necessary to properly perform standard operations.
- Proper performance of commissioned operations when the Company is commissioned by another business, etc. to process all or any part of personal data.
- Exercise of rights or performance of obligations under contracts with customers or as required by laws, etc., including reports on the result of transactions or deposit balance, etc.
- Research and development of financial products and services, etc., including market research and data analysis.
- Various types of proposals and advice on financial products and services, etc., including sending direct mail.
- Various types of proposals and advice on products and services, etc. of partner companies.
- Cancellation of various types of transactions and relevant management after such cancellation.
- Identification and management of various types of risks, and proper, smooth performance of transactions with customers.
- Note: Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. and consolidated subsidiaries and equity-method affiliates entered in the financial statement of the Mizuho Financial Group. The latest information on names of corporations, etc. is to be shown in the home page of the Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.
- Department name
- : Information Security Management Office
- : 03-6202-8302
- Office Hours
- : Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- : The office is closed on December 31-January 3, substitute holidays, and national holidays.